Sunday, January 24, 2010

2010 Season


Wow, it's been too long since I sat down and wrote here.

We're getting ready to begin the 2010 season of Eat Outside the Box. I have been getting a lot of inquiries over the winter break and hope to grow the CSA this year. It's been difficult to keep up with all my work. But, we will begin next month with winter produce from Knoll Farms and eggs from Shelly's. The cost of eggs will rise to $6 a dozen but they are so delicious I'll be paying for sure.

The chickens are so happy with Shelly who refers to them as "my girls." I hope some of you have taken the opportunity to buy eggs from Shelly and her family at the Danville farmers' market on Saturdays.

I don't know about you, but I am craving winter greens, green garlic and baby onions. I am looking forward to beets and potatoes and little tiny carrots. I wonder how all our produce is growing with all this rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment