Friday, August 20, 2010

Tess's Grapes


This morning I juiced some Black Emerald grapes from Tess's Garden. Wow. It was a beautiful ruby color and was so refreshing. My son Duncan and I drank it all in about ten seconds. I am wondering how it would be to make grape jelly using these or other seedless grapes. I may give it a try.

My crabapple jelly was less than successful. It didn't gel. I'm pretty sure it's because I reduced the sugar. I'm going to pick more crabapples and do it again.

By the way, Tess's Garden is trying to raise funds to build a commercial community kitchen in Brentwood, Contra Costa County. They are listed on the Pepsi Refresh Challenge this month. Vote for them. There will also be a fundraising bar-b-que at the garden on August 28.

Keep eating local.

2 comments:

  1. I am Madelyn from KarmaFreeCooking.wordpress.com.

    I wanted to ask for your premission to use your picture of Tess's grapes in a post I am creating about the benefits of grapes, particularly for the heart.

    You can contact me at karmafreecooking@yahoo.com.

    Thanks in advance,

    Madelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madelyn,
    the photo is from an online photo sharing site. Feel free to use it if you can copy and save it from the blog.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete